WE MOVED!

Thanks for visiting Cardinal Diamond Diaries. If you our finding our site for the first time or returning after a break, please check out our NEW location at DiamondDiaries.net

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No baseball makes me a sick girl.

Monday evening I started feeling a little stuffy, and stubbornly insisted that I was fine. Tuesday morning I woke up in a fog, and spent the better part of the day wishing I was in bed. It was half-sick... healthy enough to be out and about but sick enough to be completely miserable. I survived an eleven hour work day (I don't know why more people wouldn't want to be teachers and coaches with schedules like this) and crashed on the couch, thankful for peace and quiet.

I wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't turn on a baseball game (I watched Monday Night Football the night before... I KNOW), and there wasn't anything to read or follow or do that had to do with the Cardinals. I think it just hit me that the season really is over. It's official: I'm sick because I have no Cardinal baseball to watch. I checked my calendars from last year - I was sick the week after the NLDS. Coincidence? No.

I suppose there should be some real baseball chatter today (why else are you here?), but I have to say, the playoffs are not exciting me at the moment. I need to actually have the games on to really get there I think. We toyed with the idea of each one of us here at CDD taking a team to follow through the postseason, but none of us could really choose one.

The only thing we could agree on is that we will cheer for anyone but the Reds. My caveat is to include the Yankees, but I was raised in a home that remembers the Yankee teams of the 1960's, and I've watched them do the same sickening winning in the past 15 years, so I think I'm okay to include the Yankees on the 'no' list.

We're still undecided. I think the choices have narrowed to the Phils, Braves, Rays and Twins. That actually works out nicely considering none of those teams face each other in the first round.

Wait, does that mean we are decided... at least for the division series? Huh. Well, I guess that wasn't too painful, was it? :)

If you need a Cardinal baseball fix (and I know I do), head on over to i70baseball. I've started an offseason series on the Cardinals throughout history. Since I thought it would make sense, I started at the beginning. So here it is - Baseball Beginnings in St. Louis. Let me know what you think!

Goooooo Phils/Braves/Rays/Twins! (That's a mouthful... can we work on a shortened form? Anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuit