WE MOVED!

Thanks for visiting Cardinal Diamond Diaries. If you our finding our site for the first time or returning after a break, please check out our NEW location at DiamondDiaries.net

Monday, September 20, 2010

Small Joys

This picture is merely saved on my computer
as 'Bueno.' (AP Photo)
That's all we have left for this year, isn't it? Small joys like Adam Wainwright winning his 19th and keeping his Cy hopes alive, watching the boys play a little small ball and score runs with smart baserunning and sacrifice flies, and just taking in the last few games of the season, knowing that the harsh winter lies ahead and there will be months on end where we wish we could turn on a game, any game, even if it is the Pirates and the Nats playing (okay... maybe that was too extreme).

Now, despite the fact that the Cards are still technically 'in the hunt,' and even though I am still rooting for a comeback, please do not mistake me for one of those delusional people who refuses to admit that the Cardinals will probably not make the playoffs this year. I'm still allowed to enjoy every last moment of this season, and enjoy it I will, thank you very much.

*ahem* Okay, I'm better now.

Something I think is interesting is the fact that the Cardinals are actually kind of playing the spoiler to a few other teams around the league right now. It makes perfect sense really. They can't figure out how to beat bad teams, but they beat the good ones (this has been well chronicled... I even did so myself a few weeks ago).  That's bad news bears for the over .500 teams they've been playing. Taking 3 of 4 from the Padres have dropped them out of the lead in the West, and while they were already in a tailspin before getting to St. Louis, they're definitely in trouble now. What will happen when the Rockies make it into town for the last series of the year? I've never really played the 'It's fun to crush other people's dreams' game before, but it is kind of fun now that I'm seeing it play out.

Cards are road tripping down to Florida for the make-up game that was rained out back in August today, then quickly hustling up to Pittsburgh to open up a three game set at PNC and rounding out the last road trip of the year with one last series in Chicago. With any luck at all the team will show some signs of life after recalling some fresh faces from down in Memphis. I'm hoping to see some Joe Mather and Daniel Descalso types running around on the field, and I know I am not the only one!

Speaking of our beloved Baby Birds, head on over to i70 to check out a comparison I did between our AAA kiddos and the big boys in St. Louis... 'A Tale of Two Teams'

Until next Monday... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuit