WE MOVED!

Thanks for visiting Cardinal Diamond Diaries. If you our finding our site for the first time or returning after a break, please check out our NEW location at DiamondDiaries.net

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jon Jay - Rookie Luck or Here to Stay?

Welcome to your Tuesday Baseball Fans!


Warning! Slow baseball week ahead!

TWO Cardinal off-days (Monday and Thursday)  plus a day game on Wednesday will leave a lot of evenings to fill with something other than Cardinals games.  Last night I caught the Padres/Cubs game on WGN and watched our old pal Ryan Ludwick in San Diego blue as the Padres beat the Cubs (something the Cardinals should have been able to do in their last two games).

While I will always cherish the fond memories I have of Luddy wearing the Birds on the Bat and patrolling right field for the Cardinals, there is this new fella that has helped ease my heartache.  Jon Jay has stepped up and become the new darling of the Cardinal rookies.  *Sorry Freese... absence is not making my heart grow fonder! ;)*

Today I profile Jon Jay at BaseballDigest.com.
You can find it here.

Give it a read and let me know your thoughts/opinions.  Has Jay peaked as a rookie already or will the baseball magic continue?

Cardinals vs Brewers (2 game stand at Busch Stadium starts tonight at 7:15pm)
GO CARDS!!

4 comments:

  1. Well this is encouraging! It helps soothe the pain of losing our buddy Ludwick. I'm reminded of how I felt when a young upstart catcher named Yadiar Molina was put into the lineup in place of our current catcher, who was such an incredibly nice guy and a favorite of mine. What WAS his name again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy!
    It really is amazing how we can learn to love these new guys so quickly, even when we are sad to see our favorites move on. As a 'new' baseball fan, I am still trying to get the hang of those emotions! =)

    Thanks for reading and thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon Jay is just a jewel joining at a juncture and justifying our joy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Great alliteration Sue! Thanks for reading and making me smile! =)

    ReplyDelete

avandia lawsuit