WE MOVED!

Thanks for visiting Cardinal Diamond Diaries. If you our finding our site for the first time or returning after a break, please check out our NEW location at DiamondDiaries.net

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gooooooing UP!

I kind of have a thing for roller coasters. Upside down, spinning in circles, and ridiculous drops... I love going to amusement parks just to ride the roller coasters.


I'll be honest. I've been on the same roller coaster for the past  5 months, and I think I'm getting ready to get off. I've been up, I've been down, and I think I was upside down for the better part of a few weeks. I haven't lost my lunch, but I thought about it for awhile.


However, I am a roller coaster junkie... and right now, I'm feeling that upward trend again. Yes, a 3-5 homestand is embarrassing, especially since we were playing 5 of those games against the Cubs and Brewers, who should have been a doormat waiting for the Cards happy cleats to run right over. But! Winning the last two games against the Giants and last night's game against the Pirates in rather dominating fashion has me looking up at the sky again, wondering how far I'll see the team climb this time. Is this the hill that pushes the team over the top? Am I being tricked again, raising my hopes and then watching them go down, down, down in a death spiral, then returning me to the start, forcing me to immediately get off and get back in the long line (unaffectionately called 'winter') until the Spring Training gates open and I can get back on for another go around?


Another plummet would be sickening, even for this roller coaster fan. That doesn't mean I'm giving up hope. Why? For that answer you have to go over to my post on i70baseball


I know, what a tease. :) Game time is 6:05 again tonight. Don't be like me last night and forget about that east coast start time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuit